Using the MyLiveStock app is simple; here is what you’ll need to know:
1. Log In
- To login enter your email address and your password into the relevant fields then tap the Login button to continue.
- If you do not have an account tap on the Create an Account link at the bottom of the screen. This will take you to the ‘register account page’ where you can complete the registration form to create an account, creating an account should take no more than two minutes.
- To Sign Out tap your logout button in the bottom left of the side bar, a pop up will ask you to confirm you would like to logout, select Logout to confirm.
2. Searching & Browsing Stock Listings
The first time you open the app, you will be presented with the stock type selection tabs, search bar, and list of stock listings.
- The Stock Type selection tabs allow you to filter listings by stock type, tap the stock type you are interested in and you will be taken to the relevant listings.
- The Search Bar is an easy way to quickly find what you’re looking for. You can also search by the Stock ID reference number, Name, Breed, Description and Location.
- The Stock Listings is easy to navigate by swiping up or down to view all listings within the stock type you have selected.
- The Menu button enables quick navigation to the Homepage, My Listings, My Favourites, Create a Listing, and Market Reports.
View Stock Listings
View a listing in more detail by tapping on the listing you would like to view.
- If you have selected a Dairy Stock listing, you will be presented with more information including the Tally, Breed, Stock Type, Breeding History, Calving Date, the Description, the Actual or Estimate Weight, Price and the stock listing’s Agent details.
- If you select a Drystock listing you will be presented with the Tally, Breed, Stock Type, Age, Weight, Price, and the stock listing’s Agent details.
- You can also Make an Offer on the listing, view the Terms & Conditions of the listing, Ask a question regarding the listing, as well as view the Full Quote which will take you to the stock listing on the MyLiveStock website where more information regarding the listing may be available.
- To save a listing to your favourites, tap the heart at the top right corner. Your favourites will be saved under My Favourites accessed via the main menu.
Making an Offer
- Enter your price offer into the Price field.
- Select cpk or /head.
- Tap the Submit button.
- Confirm your offer by tapping on the OK button on the first pop up message (you also have the option to cancel).
- A notification message will appear to confirm that your offer has been received.
You will be notified by email once the agent has contacted the vendor to present your offer.
3. Creating a Listing
Start by tapping the Create a Listing icon in the sidebar of the app to create a listing.
- Choose if you are Selling stock or Wanting stock.
- Tap the Upload Images to take a photo or to choose a photo from your mobile device.
- Add a Title for the stock listing.
- Enter the Description/Comment.
- Choose a Stock Type.
- Select a Listing Type and Sub Type.
- Select and enter the information into the other remaining fields i.e. Age, Tally, Breed, Average or Estimate Weight, Price, CPK or $ Per Head, Location and your preferred Agent (if known).
- To complete the listing tap the Submit button in the bottom part of the form.
Your new stock listing will then be submitted to the MyLiveStock administrators for review. You will be notified by email when your listing has been approved and published for public viewing.
Managing your Listings
Tapping on the My Listings icon in the sidebar will display all of your published listings.
- To view a listing, tap the listing.
- Once in the view listing page, an edit and delete button will be enabled which are located at the top right of the page.
- Tapping the delete button will show a pop-up message which asks if you are sure you want to delete the listing. Selecting Yes will delete permanently, selecting No will take you back to the listing.
Edit a Listing
To edit a listing tap the Edit button found in the title bar at the top right of the app, you can then edit your listing.
Tap the Submit button found at the bottom of the form to finish editing your listing.
The MyLiveStock app allows you to create a stock listing even when you are away from cellular reception, simply create your listing as above, and the app will automatically save the listing to your mobile.
Then, when you return to an area with cellular reception, simply open your app again and it will be sync automatically.
You can also manually click the Upload button located at the top right of My Listings page and it will sync your un-sync listings and refresh the list from the server.