Using the MyLiveStock app is simple; here is what you’ll need to know:
1. Log In
- To login enter your email address and your password into the relevant fields then tap the Login button to continue.
- If you do not have an account tap on the Register Here link at the bottom of the screen. This will take you to the ‘register account page’ where you can complete the registration form to create an account, creating an account should take no more than two minutes.
- To Sign Out tap your user name in the Title Bar at the top right of the app, a pop up will ask you to confirm you would like to logout, select Logout to confirm. We recommend logging out after each session for your security.
2. Searching & Browsing Stock Listings
The first time you open the app, you will be presented with the title bar, stock type selection tabs, search bar, a list of stock listings and the app menu bar.
- The Title Bar across the top of the page shows the name of the app area you are viewing, the sync button and a link to sign in.
- The Stock Type selection tabs allow you to filter listings by stock type, tap the stock type you are interested in and you will be taken to the relevant listings.
- The Search Bar is an easy way to quickly find what you’re looking for. You can also search by the Stock ID reference number by typing the ID reference number into the search bar.
- The list of stock listings is easy to navigate by swiping up or down to view all listings within the stock type you have selected.
- The app menu bar at the bottom of the page enables quick navigation to the Homepage, Wanted/Sell area, My Listings (the listings you have created) and the help tool.
View Stock Listings
View a listing in more detail by tapping on the listing you would like to view.
- If you have selected a Dairy Stock listing, you will be presented with more information including the Tally, Breed, Stock Type, Breeding History, Calving Date, the Description, the Actual or Estimate Weight, Price and the stock listing’s Agent details.
- If you select a Drystock listing you will be presented with the Tally, Breed, Stock Type, Age, Weight, Price and the stock listing’s Agent details.
- You can also Make an Offer on the listing, view the Terms & Conditions of the listing, ask a question regarding listing, as well as view the Full Quote which will take you to the stock listing on the MyLiveStock website where more information regarding the listing may be available.
Making an Offer
- Toggle/slide the the Make an Offer field to indicate green for ‘make an offer’.
- Enter your price offer into the Price field.
- Tap the Submit link in the title bar.
- Confirm you agree to the Terms & Conditions by tapping on the OK button on the first pop up message (you also have the option to cancel).
- Confirm your offer by tapping OK on the second pop up message (you have the option to cancel again).
- A third pop up message will confirm that your offer has been received.
You will be notified by email once the agent has contacted the vendor to present your offer.
3. Creating a Listing
Start by tapping the Wanted/Sell icon in the app menu bar at the bottom of the app to create a listing.
- Choose if you are Selling stock or Wanting stock.
- Tap the Camera Icon to take a photo or to choose a photo from your mobile device.
- Add a Title for the stock listing.
- Enter the Description/Comment.
- Choose a Stock Type.
- Select a Listing Type and Sub Type.
- Select and enter the information into the other remaining fields i.e. Age, Tally, Breed, Average or Estimate Weight, Price, CPK or $ Per Head, Location and your preferred Agent (if known).
- To complete the listing tap the Submit link in the Title Bar at the top right of the app.
Your new stock listing will then be submitted to the MyLiveStock administrators for review. You will be notified by email when your listing has been approved and published for public viewing.
The MyLiveStock Application allows you to create a stock listing even when you are away from cellular reception, simply create your listing as above, the app will automatically save your listing to your mobile, then, when you return to an area with cellular reception tap the Sync button at the top left of the app title bar to submit your listing.
Managing your Listings
Tapping on the My Listings icon in the app menu bar will display all of your published listings within the Stock Type you have selected.
- To view a listing tap the listing.
- To Delete a listing hold your finger on the listing and swipe left. This will reveal a red Delete button, tapping on this will show a pop-up message which asks if you are sure you want to delete the listing. Selecting Yes will delete permanently, selecting No will take you back to the listing.
Edit a Listing
To edit a listing tap the Edit link found in the title bar at the top right of the app, you can then edit your listing.
Tap the Submit link found in the title bar at the top right of the app to finish editing your listing.
The MyLiveStock app allows you to create a stock listing even when you are away from cellular reception, simply create your listing as above, and the app will automatically save the listing to your mobile.
Then, when you return to an area with cellular reception tap the Sync button at the top left of the app title bar to submit your listing.
The Sync button is also used to refresh the latest listings displayed on the app.